Sunday 24 March 2013

Snow Angels

Winter wonderland
Do you believe in angels? Despite being a scientist, I do believe there are things 'out there' that we can't explain, as I have eluded to in previous blogs. Events this week have been another reminder to listen to that 'guardian angel', 'inner voice', 'intuition', whatever you wish to call it.
On my walk back from the yard this  morning, I pondered recent events. After a couple of nights of cold compresses and bandages, Wilbur's leg is feeling and looking a whole lot better (thank you Henry for your pearls of wisdom). The real test will be a night without bandaging.
In retrospect, he couldn't have picked a better weekend to be on box rest. Given the inclement conditions, all the horses are on enforced box confinement, and given the treacherous nature of the yard, I wouldn't even want him to be going to the walker. This weather is set to continue, so the liklihood of being able to exercise him consistently, even if we were both fit enough, would be remote.
Instead, I'm now venturing into unknown waters - with clicker training on my list (thanks again, Karen), to keep both Wilbur and I cerebrally challenged (some would argue we already are!). I think Wilbur and I are more similar than I like to admit - we certainly seem to share the same work ethic (and we both worry to the extent that he, like me, probably worries if we don't have anyting to worry about!). Perhaps this 'fat leg' incident is telling Wilbur what others are telling me.
And so, I'm almost at home - as I walk past the Village Hall, something glints at me in the snow. I look down, and there on the pavement is a gold star, and further on a gold heart, no doubt fallen from a child's project after a morning at the daily nursery held here. I smile - my snow angel is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment