Saturday 16 March 2013

Glorious mud!

 
Breakfast with Moosie boy   



My legs feel as if they have run a marathon! I love my morning walk across the fields to give my retired horse, Moose, his breakfast, but this morning it was made more difficult by the sliding mud. On the plus side, it did at least force me to slow down and given this could be the last week I have to wear my back brace, that's no bad thing. This week I travelled to Cambridge to give my first presentation in a long while. I attended the Herts and Cambs clinical researchers freelancers forum - an annual event which I really enjoy. I always come away feeling very positive and motivated - it's good to feel that as a freelancer you're not alone. This year I was invited to present a short seminar about 'Working in and on your business' - a topic I feel very passionate about, thanks to working with my fantastic life/business coach Elaine Bailey. The presentation was very well received and provoked lots of animated discussion. Perfect! I received some lovely emails too from colleagues who attended the meeting and who have made a few small changes to the way they run their businesses to help them become more efficient. Although I didn't drive to Cambridge - thanks Sonia! - the journey has taken it's toll this week. Perhaps it's a little warning that when the brace is removed, I still need to keep my life at a steady pace to allow my back to fully recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment